Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy National Running Day!

Happy National Running Day everyone! I wish that I could go down by the beach today and celebrate with a run...but I don't have a tire pump for my double stroller, so the treadmill will have to do! The plan is just a quick 2 mile run...but at least i will get it in! ;) Been really busy lately...Kaitlyn's birthday was a success! I made her 2 cakes (yes 2!) and they took many many hours to do since it was my first time doing fondant.
This is the first cake I made for her actual birthday night of cake and icecream. It was white confetti cake with buttercream frosting topped with a pink strawberry fondant and decorated with black chocolate fondant zebra stripes!
This is the 2nd cake I did for her family birthday party last Saturday. I made a strawberry cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting covered with a white marshmallow fondant...was sooo yummy! Tasted like Neopolitan icecream! I made cupcakes and dipped them in melted fondant and then decorated those. I was so happy that it turned out like it did...I was nervous! But seriously, props to anyone who does cake decorating for a living...it is HARD work!
My 5 year old birthday princess opening her presents...she had such a wonderful zebra filled birthday! I can't believe that she is already 5...crazy how fast time flies.

As far as running has been going, I have been on a hiatus from training. So I have only been doing about 10 miles a week and my DVD's (mostly Jillian Michaels). Training resumes in a few weeks for my 3rd half marathon of the year in August. I am not looking forward to running long runs in the heat...but oh well!

7 comments:

  1. Well all that hard work definitely paid off the cakes look amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you are talented. Very cute cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Those cupcakes and cake are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly,
    The handheld that I talked about in my latest post is the Nathan Thermal Handheld. I fixed the link on my blog. Thanks for telling me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! I can't believe that you made that cake! I've only seen cakes like that once and it was on iron chef. They look awesome.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...