Yes, I am still here. I can't believe I haven't posted in like 3 weeks! The kids were on spring break for 2 weeks, we were helping family move...so we have been kind of busy around here! ;) Kaitlyn is back in school and I can now get back to my routine! I LOVE routine....I like to have my schedule for the week all planned out, I'm weird like that. Anyways, training has been going good. Since my last post, I went on to conquer a 16 miler (in crazy weather!), ice bath #2, a split up 17 miler, and ice bath #3! The 16 miler involved running in the dark for an hour and a half (with a friend of course!), running in almost hail for 3 miles, and ending soaking wet walking into a 7-11 to buy ice! Jenn & I were laughing that we probably looked like idiot's walking into a 7-11 soaking wet to buy bags of ice! HA! We did it all for the story, right?! I now swear by ice baths! My muscles have yet to be sore after a 15, 16 and 17 miler...and I believe it to be because of the ice baths! I was dreaming of an ice bath during my 16 miler even though I was soaking wet and freezing. I swear...they are the best ever!
I can't believe that my 1st marathon is 6 weeks away! I only have 2 main long runs left (an 18 miler and a 20 miler) I can't believe it! The only thing that I am sad about is my running partner will not be joining me for this Marathon...so I will be running solo on race day :( BOOO!!!!
My only concern so far is that I had a scheduled 17 miler on Friday. I didn't have a 3 plus hour window that day, so I had to split up my run through out the day. So I did 3.5 miles on the treadmill @ home...went to get Kaitlyn from school, fed kiddos lunch, did another 5.5 miles on the treadmill at home while Mason napped...and then a few hours later met a friend for the last 8. Is that OK to do? Does it still count and have the benefits of a straight 17 miler? I thought that it felt harder to split it up because my legs have time to get heavy and stiff. Oh well, I thought that it was better to split it up than to miss it completely!
AND
Michelle at Michelle Goes Running is having a giveaway that ends tomorrow! Enter to win a free 8x10 canvas print! This would be a great gift for anyone!

This sounds like a crazy day! Just found your blog and I love it. So cute!
ReplyDeleteSplitting up your runs isn't "ideal" but I think it's fine. It simulates how you'll feel in a marathon pretty well (tired, painful legs), and you have to do what's necessary to get the runs done!
ReplyDelete