Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My new FAVORITE breakfast, lunch, and snack!

I am addicted to this new recipe that I found a while back...it is soooo good! It is a ricotta strawberry parfait. I usually just go to frazier farms and buy the part skim ricotta, spices, strawberries, carob or yogurt chips, granola, and shaved coconut. I also usually only make 1 batch at a time...and it lasts 3 meals worth. So here is the FABULOUS recipe:
3/4 cup part skim ricotta
2 T brown sugar
1-2 tsp vanilla flavoring (depending on how thick or thin u like the ricotta)
2 T either cool whip lite or whip cream
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp clove powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 packet of splenda
I usually just cut up 1 cup of strawberries, scoop 1/4 cup of the ricotta filling on top and then add 2T granola, 1 T shaved coconut, and 1 T of either carob chips or yogurt chips. Mix it all together, and you have the most amazing snack/meal ever!!!! The above has about 330 calories, 11grams of protein, 35 grams of carbs, and 14 grams of fat. I am absolutely in love with this super food! ;) Seriously, it has enough protein as a snack to keep me full, enough calories and carbs to give me energy for my runs, and the fat comes from the ricotta...a little more than I would like in a snack, but still, gives me the calcium I need since I DONT drink milk! Try it, and let me know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...