I needed to do this post but have been having horrible migraines lately and to top it off, a slight sinus infection and cough. SUCKS! But I have still been keeping up with the challenge :) Proof that it is a GREAT motivator!
Week 2 (Nov 27th-Dec 3rd)
I earned 22 exercise points. Not as much as week 1's 28, but this was the week that I was quite sick with a 3 day migraine and sore throat. So not bad. I'm pretty sure that I m that I also ate my 7 servings of fruit and vegetables 1 day (better than none!) but I can't remember exactly what I ate, so I didn't count it in my points.
I did 2 kick boxing classes(an hour each), and ran 10 miles total for the week. (2,6,2) I made this week a cut back week instead of next, due to being sick...so it worked out!
Week 3 (Dec 4th-Dec 10th)
So far I have earned 16 points. I did an hour kick boxing class and then ran 9 miles today. I also ate 7 servings of fruit & veggies on Monday...yay me! :) The plan is to end the week with 28 points again like week 1. I still have planned to do a recovery 2 miles tomorrow along with a weight lifting class, then on Friday another hour of kick boxing.
As far as training for my half marathon in January...after this week is over, I have 6 weeks until race day! I am up to 9 miles and feel pretty confident in my training so far. I find it strange to me that treadmill running slows me down. Not sure why, but when I do my long runs on the treadmill, it takes much more effort to sustain my goal pace than it does on the road. So the longs runs that I do on the treadmill are always around a 10:05-10:20 pace; and my road long miles are in the mid 9:30's. I always thought that it was the opposite. Oh well, it is a confidence booster in this case, as it it easier to keep my 9:23 goal pace on the road. Below is the link to my next 6 weeks of training! I'm, getting excited! I really really want to beat my last years time!
Last 6 weeks of training
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

with 6 weeks and a nine mile run already, you should do great! Good luck!
ReplyDelete