Monday, March 29, 2010

By golly, I did it!

YAY! I actually DID all the workouts for the week! :) plus, my run Friday really surprised me! It was only a 5 mile run, but the whole way out was a gradual incline against the wind and my mile times were still awesome (for me anyways!)

Mile1:  9:20
Mile2:  9:03
Mile3:  9:10
Mile4:  9:05
Mile5:   8:46 (SAY WHAT!?) ;)
Average pace 9:05

I was SUPER SUPER happy with this run! Granted, it was hard...but this was a run that really proved to myself that I AM in fact improving, and that all the training has and will pay off. I really hope that this week I can stick to the schedule again...I think I am getting a little sick (cough, runny nose) but it hasn't been getting any worse, so hopefully it is going bye bye. Here is the schedule for the week:
Monday:  4 miles
Tuesday:  Cross training 60 mins OR REST
Wednesday:  12-13 miles
Thursday:  Depending what happened Tuesday...cross train 60 min OR REST
Friday:  5-6 miles
Saturday:  REST
Sunday:  REST

So, today is the hubby and my 7 year anniversary :) we celebrated last night by dropping the kiddos off at Nana's and going to an early dinner at my FAVORITE restaurant, Outback. mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....it was so good! I didn't really eat all day long because I wanted to save room for all the yummy food, the bloomin' onion, salad, bread, steak, mashed potatoes, and ofcourse, we shared an icecream sundae! We were sooo stuffed, we really just wanted to go home and take a 2 hour kid free nap :) But we had free movie tickets, so we went to the movies. All in all, we had a wonderful evening to ourselves...just wish it could be more often. We have had a great 7 years, and I am so thankful for all that he does for me and the family! LOVE you babe! xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I'm drooling over the thought of a bloomin onion right now. LOL
    Go you on sticking to your workouts this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to the both of you! Great pace on your 5 miler with a fast finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! It is always nice to get out without the kids! I hope you have a great one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the anniversary wishes!

    Yes Jamie~ Bloomin' onion was freakin' awesome! I probably ate 2 days worth of calories in that meal alone....but soooo worth it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! And nice workouts! ...and...I love outback....totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Sherri...Outback is the best! We only try to go there for special occasions...or else I think I would gain a large amount of pounds ;) Thanks for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...