Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Last "long run" b4 La Jolla Half

So happy!!!!!!! Finished my last long run of my training cycle for the La Jolla Half Marathon next Sunday. If you aren't familiar with the course for La Jolla...it has a ridiculous hill at mile 5 that is a mile long and an elevation gain of 420...it is pretty nasty. Then a hill at mile 12...uggg!!!

So, with the course in mind, I incorporated a few hill repeats in my longish run. I ran out 4 miles and then back about 2+ miles to a "steepish" (I say that, because NOTHING will compare to Torrey Pines Hill) ahhh! I stopped and stretched after running down the hill and then trucked it up the .14 mile hill. I ran back down, planning on running back up at least 2 more times. Up again, for the 2nd time and my quads were BURNING! Remembering that there was still a pretty large hill on the route back to my car, I only did the hill twice. Good thing I made this decision, because about a mile and a half from my car, I got some tummy troubles :( and had to stop at a porta potty! Tried running again, but the tummy was NOT having it! I had to walk back the rest of the way to my car, for fear of...you know...yup. So I ended up doing only 8.51 miles of my planned 9 to 10. Here are my splits:
Mile 1~ 8:54
Mile 2~ 8:49
Mile 3~ 9:01
Mile 4~ 8:48
Mile 5~ 9:17
.69 miles~  9:03
First Hill repeat (.14 miles)~ 1min 29sec
Down hill~ 1min 16sec
2nd Hill repeat~ 1 min 23 sec
Next mile~ 9:23
Next mile~ 10:12 (walked a bit due to tummy)
Last .38 miles~ 8:46/min mile avg

So....my toal time was 1:18:16 for 8.51 miles
AVG 9:11 min/mile

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...