I just got done reading Amanda's new post from Amanda@runninghood and LOVED her quote!
"Obsessed is how the unmotivated describe the dedicated"
Absolutely 100% true! No matter what it is about. Whether it be school, work, or in my case running/working out. We used to call the kids in school that got 99% on the exams "overachievers" because they ruined the curve. No, they were not obsessed overachievers, they were just dedicated. I am not obsessed with running, but I AM a dedicated runner who strives to become better. Why does that make me obsessed? :D
AND
Yes, for Christmas, this obsessed runner wants new running gear and accessories. WHO CARES? ;)
Number 1 on my list is a good pair of compression socks. Last year I bought this cheapo pair from the local Walgreens and they help a little but are not very comfortable, and I think are too small. I get serious indents on my feet from these suckers. So, Santa, please put these under the Christmas tree this year!
Number 2 on my Christmas list is one of these bad boys:
I want this black and purple one! My 2 favorite colors! On my long runs I usually carry my handheld water bottle which has only a big enough pocket to fit my Gu Chomps and my car key. So no phone :( Unless I am wearing a jacket with pockets. I saw these on many blogs and wanted one immediately! Especially for races. Last year, I had to ask a stranger to use her phone at the finish line because I couldn't find my husband! Plus, the hubby likes to have a way to get a hold of me when I am gone for my long runs.
The iFitness belt is made of a water resistant neoprene pouch that will stretch to hold your phone, keys, ID, and any other little things that you carry on your run. There are also 2 reflector strips in the front, and 1 on the back for night time runs. BIG PLUS for the hubby! ;) There are also 2 toggles attached to the front to secure your race number. No more safety pins on your expensive running gear! YAY! So there you have it...my top 2 runners accessories on my Christmas list this year. I CAN definitely add more...I always LOVE new running clothes! ;)



I think the fact that the iFitness belt holds race bibs is my favorite part!! I hate putting the pins in my running shirt. I hope you get one!! It will be perfect for your long training runs.
ReplyDeleteI love that quote!! And my Christmas list includes all running gear too. :) Plus Runner's World magazine which I already got (woo hoo!!). :)
You'll never guess what I'm giving away next week!
ReplyDelete(Hint, you have them pictured and there are two of them). I think you and I love the same running stuff.
Merry Christmas!
Kim
I LOVE my iFitness belt. I have the double pouch and wear it all the time. I wear it just walking my son to school, so I have somewhere to keep my phone.
ReplyDeleteI want both of those things! Something tells me that I'm going to be buying them after Christmas with my Christmas money! haha
ReplyDelete