Tuesday, April 6, 2010

i hate being sick :(

Being sick, has truely put a damper on both my overall energy AND my training for this stupid  half marathon in 3 weeks! I was supposed to put in 22 miles last week, and only got in 7.  This week I am supposed to put in 23, but my energy level is so low from being sick that I don't see it happening. I did 4.5 today, and am planning on doing a 14 mile run on Thursday...hopefully that run won't knock me out!

I REALLY REALLY need new shoes, but being so close to race day, I might wait until after. Anyone wear Asics and been happy switching brands? Just a thought! I am planning on going to the Running Center Store tomorrow to pick up a handheld h2o bottle and some recovery socks :)

Not sure which water bottle to get...any suggestions?

The one on the left is the FuelBelt Sprint. It holds 10 ounces, but has no pouch to hold any gu or beans or anything. Cost $12.99.This one is the Amphipod Handheld Lite. It holds 12 oz. and has a little zipper pouch to hold my gu and keys. It costs $18.00.

Anywho, we all had a great Easter...had a potluck at the In-Laws and the kids had an Easter egg hunt. I think I am going to explode from eating so many jelly beans...goodness gracious! I will update with photos as soon as I am motivated to put them on the computer! HEHE!
~Kelly


4 comments:

  1. I loved the handheld water bottles. Love the slideshow at the top!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need new shoes badly! Will probably purchase mine after this weekend. Let me know how you like the bottle you get. I know nothing about that stuff, but I'm sure I'll be in the market to buy something with this crazy heatwave we're having. Hope you get your miles in too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love my hot pink recovery socks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie~ I ended up getting the Amphipod water bottle and I used it for my 14 miler yesterday and LOVED it! The small pouch fit a pack of Gu chomps (which by the way are sooo yummy and a million times better than Gu!) and my car key...it could have also fit my ID, chapstick, and some $ if needed. I would highly recommend it. I got it at REI for $18.00
    I am a little bummed, I didn't find my recovery socks :( I guess I will have to just order them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...